Monday, March 9, 2015


By Dennise Myers                                         Paper Galore
I find it very interesting that the Appalachian states seem to be so far behind the rest of the country, in regards to educational deficits caused by language barriers. The "Hill" people have their own way of speaking that can be a barrier to learning in the classroom. My husband is from West Virginia so I am trying to narrow down my topic to just the education issues that face this specific area, but I am still finding it to be too broad and I am having issues finding sources that center on the topic.

My road blocks are many. Just to start, I have not dedicated time to this assignment due to personal reasons. I have not had the energy to focus on this class or my other two classes. I am not even sure if I will be able to continue my pursuit of a higher education. Secondly, I hate writing papers. I do not enjoy being bogged down by thinking to the tenth degree on matters that really do not have an impact on my life. Thirdly, using technology makes my blood boil.  I spent over an hour trying to figure out Citelighter.

How am I going to get through this paper? I am going to make a conscious effort to overcome my own apprehension. I plan to really do more research and not just downloading them. I will read them and make notes, but I will waste paper. I will print out these sources and use my highlighters, in numerous colors, to try and collect my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment