Monday, March 9, 2015

Short blog post

By: Michal Macias

What excites me about my research?

My topic is immigration and the correlation between immigration patterns and the economy in the involved countries. I, personally am a first generation American, which means my parents immigrated to the US. This happened when I was still in the womb. With this being said, I didn't know how it was like to live in Poland, where my parents came from, so I can't compare it to the US. Although I have been there before, it doesn't quite satisfy the knowledge of the economy there and how the people there live day to day.

What problems or road blocks am I encountering?

With this being an analysis between immigration patterns and the living standards of said people, I am having a bit of trouble organizing my paper in a way where I'm not just stating facts about different countries and their respective economies. Also, with this being a heavy quantitative subject it is kind of overwhelming in some areas. (reminds me of certain parts of The Working Poor)

Is there a plan to get through these issues?

I'm thinking about not getting into the numbers so much and bring it to maybe a more socio-economic viewpoint. And dealing the organization, I'm thinking that I could just focus on a few countries that have a good amount of information about this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment